The St. Croix Winter Ultra takes place fully within the St. Croix State Park near Hinckley, MN (30065 St Croix Park Rd, Hinckley, MN 55037).
The event starts at 3:00 pm on Saturday January 15th, with the first race beginning at 6:00 pm.
All participants must be completed by 10:00 am Sunday morning on January 16th. This means foot/ski racers have 16 hours to complete the course, and bikers have 12 hours. This requires a 2.5 mph average pace for people on foot/ski.
The Race HQ (Start/Finish) is located at the Trail Center within the park (Google Map). This building is fully heated, has bathrooms and showers, and will be the location for the gear check, pre-race meetings, and finish line breakfast. Remember that if you have not purchased a State Park Pass, you will need to do so when you enter the park.
- 3:00 pm – Gear check-in begins for foot/ski
- 4:30 pm – Pre-race meeting for foot/ski
- 6:00 pm – Foot/ski race begins!
- 7:00 pm – Gear check-in begins for bike
- 8:30 pm – Pre-race meeting for bike
- 10:00 pm – Bike race begins!
- 3:00 am – Halfway aid station closes
- 3:00 am – Finish line breakfast begins!
- 10:00 am – Finish line closes
Gear Skill Checks
The 2022 Gear Skill Checks will be announced later in the year.
The course follows groomed snowmobile trails throughout the park. Conditions of the trails are dependent on snowfall and temperature. Participants can expect a beautiful tour of this amazing Minnesota State Park!